We at NSS-NT are devoted to promoting and educating our Dallas / Ft. worth community with STEM, space science & engineering educational opportunities.
Upcoming & Continuing Projects
By clicking on http://smile.amazon.com and selecting National Space Society of North Texas, Amazon donates a percentage of every purchase which goes to our education outreach programs.
NSS-NT awards 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place & Honorary Mentions for science fair exhibits focusing on space science.
NSS-NT is a local nonprofit organization, part of the larger NSS. We seek you support in funding our educational outreach programs, such as our raffle prizes at our exhibits and events, awards for Space Camp, Space Poetry Contests, and Space Art Contests, and much more.
Periodically, files and presentations may be uploaded by NSS-NT members and friends. These files are free and available to all registered users on this site. If you have any problems, please notify the webmaster syfydelity // at // outlook.com.
Our monthly newsletters are chocked full of our events, projects, presentations, outreach programs and space news. Only slightly modified for the public (no treasury information provided in the “b” version), these downloads are free and available to all registered users on this site. If you have any problems, please notify the webmaster syfydelity // at // outlook.com.
Due to a generous donation, NSS-NT is developing a space science fair contest for school children where the winner gets an all-paid expense trip to Space Camp in Huntsville, Alabama. We are seeking donations for 2nd Place, 3rd Place, and Honorary Mentions.
We’ve had three space poetry contests and two art contests. You can purchase our poetry anthologies on our Shop Page.
With WFAA TV, NSS-NT members and guests donate unwrapped space-themed toys, books, and other items each December at our December Holiday Party.
And much more!
NSS-NT has done many, many outreach and education projects over the years. Click on some of the submenu pages to find out what we’ve been up to. And there’s more to come.
- FEB 21 Dallas Regional Science & Engineering Fair, Fair Park, Dallas – NSSNT members Grace, Cynthia, & Dietrich; Ken M judged, Scholarships: 1st place-$250, & 2nd place-$150
- FEB 15 8am-12pm Dallas Regional Science and Engineering Fair, Fair Park, Dallas, Ken Murphy
- Feb 23 Dallas Regional Science & Engineering Fair @ Fair Park. NSSNT judges select winners of space-theme projects. NSSNT members Carol Johnson, Ken Fuffin, and Grace Roeber will judge this year’s NSSNT Space Science Award.
- Oct 8 @ 7pm 2nd Tuesday Poetry Reading, Tricia Ferguson is a member of both groups and will be reading space poetry at the Benbrook Library
- Oct 8 2nd Tuesday Poetry Series, Benbrook Library, 7:00pm. Organized by Tricia Ferguson. Contest winners will be announced and winning entries will be read aloud.
- Sept. 2012 Space Poetry Contest & Anthology is a collection of winning poems from our Space Poetry Contest. The theme for 2011 was the moon and the theme for 2012 is Mars.
- July 2011 Poetry Contest with the winner announced at Fencon
- 2010 Boy Scouts Merit Badge – Not only helped rewrite the Boy Scouts’ Space Exploration Merit Badge Handbook, but helped design a new Boy Scouts Merit Badge
- Feb 27, 2010 Regional Science & Engineering Fair, Dallas, Texas. Members of NSSNT selected experiments in space science out of over 800 entrants. We awarded a $200 scholarship and a 1-year membership in NSS to the best student project related to space exploration, development and settlement. Our winners were Prani Suri of Plano Senior High, Plano ISD; & Sangeetha Mylvaganam of Plano Senior High, Plano ISD. A list of winners can be found here.
- April 22, 2010 Green Dallas. To celebrate Earth Day in the DFW area, Grace organized a team of chapter members to volunteer at a local school for a Spring clean-up
- July 18, 2010 Moon Day at the Frontiers of Flight Museum