To promote space science, we as a group do many things in our community, from working with local schools, judging science experiments and handing out awards, touring museums, promoting space events, to attending Space Camp.
Come join us anytime at one of our events!
- Providing presentations at the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science (formerly The Science Place & soon to be the Perot Museum of Nature & Science), Frontiers of Flight Museum, Sci-Tech Discovery Center, UTA Planetarium, and libraries in Irving, Arlington, and Grand Prairie.
- Moon Day is our yearly celebration, in collaboration with the Frontiers of Flight Museum, celebrating all things moon and space.
- Astronomy Day is a yearly event co-hosted with the University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) in Arlington, Texas, with info booths, demonstrations, exhibits, and talks on space
- Collecting space-themed toys and books for the Santa’s Helpers Toy Drive (by WFAA-TV) every December.
- Judges for the NSSNT space science prize at the Dallas Regional Science & Engineering Fair in Dallas, TX.
- Special presentations and providing speakers at the local conventions like ConDFW and FenCon each year.
Activities & Events
JAN 10 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING
JAN 12 Discovery Time: Space Adventure, Bachman Lake Branch Library
JAN 16 FWAS Young Astronomers, Ft. Worth
JAN 31 Mars Society of Dallas Monthly Meeting, http://dallasmars.org, Spaghetti Warehouse, Plano
FEB 8 Civil Air Patrol, Irving Composite Squadron, McArthur High School
FEB 12-14 ConDFW, Hilton Dallas Lincoln Center
FEB 14 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING
FEB 20 UTD Engineering Week Open House, UTD
FEB 20-21 STEM Fair, Brookhaven College
FEB 27 Dallas Regional Science and Engineering Fair (DRSEF), Fair ParK
FEB 27 Space Science Movie Night, Dallas Makerspace
MAR 11-15 South by Southwest (SXSW), Austin
MAR 12 Smithsonian Museum Day Live! UTA Planetarium
MAR 12 Space & Nuclear Fusion, Barnes & Noble Hurst
MAR 13 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING
APR 5 PUBlic Knowledge: Yuri’s Night! Live Oak Music Hall & Lounge
APR 5 Space Science Movie Night, Dallas Makerspace
APR 10 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING
APR 12 James Webb Space Telescope (JWST), FW Museum of Science & History
MAY 08 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING
MAY 9-10 Mercury Transit Event, Noble Planetarium
MAY 14 Texas Google Summit Rick Reedy HS, Frisco
MAY 18-22 ISDC, Puerto Rico
JUN 12 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING
JUN 30 Asteroid Day II, Noble Planetarium
JUL 10 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING
JUL 16 Moon Day VIII, Frontiers of Flight Museum
AUG 14 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING
SEP 11 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING
SEP 23-25 FenCon, Westin DFW, Irving
OCT 09 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING
NOV 13 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING
DEC 11 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING (private)
- JAN 11 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING
- FEB 8 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING – Program: “Near Earth Asteroids Update: What Can We Do About Them?” by Ken Ruffin
- FEB 13-15 ConDFW XIV, Hilton Dallas Lincoln Center – Paul Abell, NASA Asteroid Expert, was the Science Speaker
- FEB 19 7:00pm Dr. Michio Kaku, UTA – “Physics of the Future”, 7 p.m.: UTA Maverick Speaker Series, Grace & Don Roeber, and James Willrich attended
- FEB 21 Dallas Regional Science & Engineering Fair, Fair Park, Dallas – NSSNT members Grace, Cynthia, & Dietrich; Ken M judged, Scholarships: 1st place-$250, & 2nd place-$150
- FEB 21 Explore Engineering Day/UTD National Engineers Week / STEM Open House Event, UTD, 10am-2pm, Ken Ruffin
- MAR 8 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING – Ron Marshall presents “Nuclear Fusion and Throium Reactors”
- APR 11 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING
- APR 11 Yuri’s Night, Noble Planetarium, Ft. Worth
- APR 16 & 17 Earth Day @DFW, AA Hangar
- APR 18 Girl Scouts of North Texas, –- (private event) Ken R. to give the presentations Commercial Spaceflight, and The NASA Astronaut Missions to an Asteroid and to Mars
- MAR 14 Spaceflight During the Next 25 Years at Sci-Tech Discovery Center, 8004 N. Dallas Pkwy, Frisco, Sat., Mar. 14, 10 a.m.-6 p.m
- MAY 9 NASA Dawn probe orbits Ceres, Noble Planetarium
- MAY 20-24 Int. Space Develpment Conference, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Congratulations to the St. Louis NSS chapter for Chapter of the Year and congratulations to NSS-NT for winning 2nd place, receiving an Excellence-Public Outreach award.
- MAY 30 10:00am-4:00pm Saturday at the Smith: Spaceflight, C R Smith Museum, presentations include: Commercial Spaceflight by Ken Ruffin, President, NSS-NT, 11 a.m. Why the Moon? by Ken Murphy, President, Moon Society, 1 p.m., The Moon, Asteroids, and Mars: the Future of Human Spaceflight by Ken Ruffin, President, NSS-NT, 3 p.m.
- JUN 14 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING
- JUN 15 Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson, ThinkSpeak Series, Winspear Opera House, Dallas
- JUN 30 1st Annual Asteroid Day, Noble Planetarium, Ft. Worth
- JUL 12 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING
- JUN 30 10:00am-5:00pm Asteroid Day, Noble Planetarium, NEAs: What Can We Do About Them? by Ken Ruffin
- JUL 14 7:35am Good Day Fox 4 TV-Dallas interviewed Ken Ruffin about PlutoPalooza/NASA New Horizon
- JUL 14 10:00am-5:00pm NASA PlutoPalooza/New Horizons Pluto Flyby, Noble Planetarium, Ken Ruffin presents Pluto: Is It an Ice Planet, or Something Cooler? and , a cameraman from Channel 33 TV News, and a reporter from the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram Newspaper each interviewed Ken R. about the event
- JUL 18 7th Annual Moon Day, 10am-5pm, Frontiers of Flight Museum, Dallas – Marianne Dyson will give an intro to ISS presentation, and will raffle flights from her private plane, LEGO model of ISS, Civilian Astronaut Anousheh Ansari is scheduled to attend, See our MOON DAY events page for updates
- JUL 19 Comets Burning Bright, UTD ECS Building
- AUG 9 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING
- AUG 7-10 Mars Society Confrence 2014, S Shore Harbor Resort, League City, TX
- SEP 13 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING : NASA and Commercial Spaceflight Plan for Astronaut Missions to the Moon and Mars by Ken Ruffin
- SEP 19 4:00pm-10:00pm International Observe the Moon Night, UTA Planetarium, Ken Murphy presents
- SEP 25-27 FenCon XII, Westin DFW, Bill L organizer
- SEP 26 9:00am-5:00pm Chautauqua Celebrates Flight, Getzendaner Park, Waxahachie – Apollo 13 Astronaut Fred Haise to give the keynote address, Ken R. was asked to give the (upcoming) presentation, The Moon, Asteroids, and Mars: The Future of Spaceflight
- SEP 27 7:00pm-12:00am Total Lunar Eclipse (Supermoon), UTA Planetarium, Ken Murphy presents Moon U & CISlunar Space
- OCT 11 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING
- OCT 3 9:00am-5:00pm Buzz Aldrin Book Signing, C R Smith Museum
- OCT 4 7:10pm The Martian viewing, Harkins Theatre w/The Mars Society of Dallas
- Oct 6 7:00pm-8:00pm PUBlic Knowledge, Thompson’s Cocktail Bar, Ken R presents Near Earth Asteroids
- OCT 10 10:00am-5:00pm World Space Week Finale, Noble Planetarium, Ken R presents
- OCT 22 6:30-8:00pm Space Race: Advances in U.S. Science and Transportation Technology, Ft Worth Opera, w/Apollo 7’s Col. Walter Cunningham & Dr. Wendell Mendell
- OCT 23 9:30am-1:00pm DFW Aviation & Transportation Career Expo, C R Smith Museum, Cynthia W & Grace R
- Oct 23 6:00-7:00pm Astronomy Club Meeting, McCall Elementary, Ken Ruffin presents
- Oct 24 10:00am-8:00pm Astronomy Day, UTA Planetarium, 9th annual event, Ken R presents
- NOV 8 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING
- Nov 14 9:00am-4:00pm Circle Ten Xperience STEM Scouting Event, Texas Motor Speedway, setup between 7:30am-9am
- DEC 13 NSSNT MEETING MEMBERS ONLY CHRISTMAS PARTY, LOCATION TBD
- JAN 12 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING – Program: “NASA and Commercial Space Flight Missions in 2014” by Ken Ruffin
- FEB 6-8 20th Annual Space Exploration Educators Conference, Space Center Houston
- FEB 9 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING – Program: “Update on the Threat of Near Earth Asteroids” by Ken Ruffin
- FEB 15 8am-12pm Dallas Regional Science and Engineering Fair, Fair Park, Dallas, Ken Murphy
- Jan 17 B612 Foundation, Perot Museum
- FEB 21-23 ConDFW XIII, Crowne Plaza Hotel-Addison, Bill Ledbetter
- FEB 22 2:30pm-5:30pm UTA Engineering Week, Ken M. Ken M’s “Moon U” presentation was from 4:30 – 5:30 p.m
- MAR 4 6 – 9pm Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey world preview event, UTA Planetarium, Curtis Kling, Grace & her husband, Alley & her grandson, Ken M, & Ken R. attended
- MAR 6 6:30pm-8:30pm NTX AIAA Meeting, Arlington, speaker: Gene Austin, retired NASA scientist & Commercial Spaceflight consultant, Ken R.
- MAR 8 10am-6pm Sci-Tech Discovery Center, 8004 N. Dallas Pkwy, Frisco Ken M. and Ken R. gave presentations to audiences, 388 paid attendees + 70-150 attendees at the children’s plays = ~450-500 total attendees
- MAR 9 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING – Program: “NASA and other Space Flight Videos”
- MAR 11 Spring Break Event, Zula B Wylie Library
- APR 13 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING – Program: “Moon 101” by Ken Murphy
- MAY 11 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING– Program: “This is What NSS is All About” by Ken Ruffin
- MAY 14-18 ISDC, Sheraton Gateway LAX
- MAY 19 8pm Neil deGrasse Tyson, Winspear Opera House
- JUN 8 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING – NSSNT wins NSS Chapter of the Year Award! Program: “NASA’s Asteroid Initiative and Human Path to Mars”
- JUN 21 11am-5pm Moon Day Preview Zula B Wylie Public Library, 225 Cedar St., Cedar Hill, Grace R.
- JUN 28 10am-6pm Moon Day Preview Sci-Tech Discovery Center, 8004 N Dallas Pkwy, Frisco, Ken R.
- JUN 28 10am-6pm Sci-Tech Discovery Center, 8004 N. Dallas Pkwy, Frisco
- JUL 11 9am-4pm Comets Burning Bright, UTD ECS Building, Richardson, Ken R. Ken R. gave presentations to three groups of 12 middle-and-high-school students attending summer camp at UTD, Ken R. discussed having the NASA Space Princess and the UTD Aviation Club as partner organizations
- JUL 13 3:30pm-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING – NSSNT member Grace Roeber presented “International Space Station: Humanity’s Stop to the Stars”
- JUL 17 2:00-6:00pm Space Exploration Camp, Sci-Tech Discovery Center, 8004 N. Dallas Pkwy, Frisco, Ken R to give the presentation “Spaceflight During the Next 25 Years”, from 2:30-3:30 p.m., then display slide shows & NASA videos
- JUL 19 MOON DAY 2014: ISS Frontiers of Flight Museum, Dallas, Ken Murphy – NASA’s chief historian has thousands of copies of “Where No Man Has Gone Before” book, & he will donate them to Moon Day, Art Dula will speak at Moon Day 2014 regarding Commercial Spaceflight, Girl Scouts of NE Texas STEM Program: 4-7 activities, Ken R. to give a Near Earth Asteroid presentation
- JUL 26 10am – 6:30pm Evolving Universe, Grapevine convention Center, 636 S. Main St, Grapevine.
- AUG 10 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING – Program: Carl Gallagher of Pioneer Rocketplane
- AUG 16 10am – 6:30pm Evolving Universe, Grapevine convention Center, 636 S. Main St, Grapevine.
- SEP 14 3:30pm-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING-Program “New Commercial Spaceflight Videos,” officer elections
- SEP 15 FenCon 2014, Crowne Plaza-Addison Hotel, Bill Ledbetter
- SEP 20 Evolving Universe/Space Saturdays, Grapevine Visitor Center
- SEP 26-28 Mars Society Conference 2014, South Shore Harbor Resort, League City
- SEP 26-28 FenCon XI, Crowne Plaza-Addison
- SEP 27 9:00pm Space Party! at FenCon/Crowne Plaza-Addison
- OCT 12 3:30-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING – Program: “Even Newer NASA and Space Flight Activities from September to December” by Ken Ruffin
- NOV 9 3:3-6:00pm NSSNT MEETING – Program: After the business meeting, members are attending the movie Interstellar.
- DEC 14 NSSNT MEETING – As always, our December meeting is private, for members only, at a member’s home. We collect space science gifts to give as Santa gifts and eat copiously of good food and enjoy the company of good friends. We also have our business meeting on full, sleepy stomachs.
- Jan 13 NSSNT Meeting
- Feb 10 NSSNT Meeting
- Feb 15-17 ConDFW, Addison, TX NSSNT will have presentation/panels and display tables. Bill Ledbetter organizing. NASA NEO scientist Paul Abell is one of many
- Feb 19 Astronaut Mark Kelly spoke at UTA 7:30pm, UTA Texas Hall. Kelly will speak “Endeavoring to Build a Better America” for the UTA Maverick Speakers Series, Carol Johnson organizer.
- Feb 22 Astronomer Alan Stern spoke at UTD. Stern speaks for the Texas Astronomical Society (TAS) at their monthly meeting. Stern is an SwRI Astronomer and the new Golden Spike CEO
- Feb 23 Dallas Regional Science & Engineering Fair @ Fair Park. NSSNT judges select winners of space-theme projects. NSSNT members Carol Johnson, Ken Ruffin, and Grace Roeber will judge this year’s NSSNT Space Science Award.
- Mar 10 NSSNT Meeting
- Apr 13 Yuri’s Night @ Benbrook Library. Tricia Fergusn, Alley Hauldren, & the Moon Society presented film, discussions, and star viewing celebrating Yuri Gagari’s first manned flight in space (1961)
- Apr 14 NSSNT Meeting
- May 12 NSSNT Meeting
- May 17 Star Trek: Into Darkness. Several NSSNT members gathered to watch a premiere showing
- May 23-27 ISDC 2013 San Diego, CA. Carol Johnson organizer.
- Jun 1 – Aug 25 Grapevine NASA Blast @ Grapevine CVB’s Grand Gallery. Moon Viewing and Movie, Sunday, June 23: (1) 7:15 p.m. – Film Presentation (film title not listed), (2) 8:57 p.m. – Full Moon rise (bring a pillow and a blanket), It IS Rocket Science, Saturday, July 13, 1-4 p.m. (ages 8 and up, tickets $15)
- Jun 6 Space Junk
movie premiere at FW Museum of Science & History Omni Theatre in Fort Worth with NASA space junk specialist David Kessler
- Jun 9 NSSNT Meeting Tricia Ferguson & Alley Hauldren presented the 2012 Poetry & Art Anthology winners
- Jun 22 Buzz Aldrin booksigning at the C. R. Smith Museum, 10am-12pm
- Jun 23 NASA Blast moon viewing & movie “Lost in Space
- Jun 29 Sci-Tech Discovery Center
- Jul 14 NSSNT Meeting Marvin Hilton (from Fayetteville, Arkansas) to be our guest speaker, presenting “Exploring Mars to Improve Life on Earth”
- Jul 20 MOON DAY @ Frontiers of Flight Museum. 10a-5p, Ken Murphy.
- Aug 15-18 Icarus Interstellar Congress, Hilton Anatole, Dallas, TX. Grace Roeber, Eric Post, Alley Hauldren, Ken Ruffin, Curtis Kling attended.
- Aug 29-Sep 2 WorldCon, Gonzalez Convention Center, San Antonio, TX. NSSNT members Alley Hauldren, Chris Carson, and Ken Murphy are scheduled to attend.
- Sep 13 Astral Astronomers Indoor Meeting, McCall Elementary School, Plano, TX. 6:00pm Ken Ruffin gave a presentation on Near Earth Asteroids for their first meeting of the new school year.
- Sep 19-22 100 Year Starship Public Symposium, Hyatt Regency Downtown, Houston, TX. Ken Ruffin & Eric Post attending. Dr. Mae Jemison has invited NSS of North Texas members to visit the 100YSS office in Houston, to brainstorm with her team
- Sep 26 AIAA-NTX Meeting, Spagetti Warehouse, Arlington, TX. 6:30-8:30 pm. Presentation by Todd Barber, NASA/JPL engineer now working as lead propulsion engineer on the Cassini Mission to Saturn.
- Sep 27 West Texas Geological Society, Space Exploration Session, Midland, TX. Curtis Kling will be our representative at this conference
- Oct 8 @ 7pm 2nd Tuesday Poetry Reading, Tricia Ferguson is a member of both groups and will be reading space poetry at the Benbrook Library
- Oct 4-6 Fencon, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Addison, TX. Several members attended Fencon this year & we shared a room party with the NSS group from San Antonio. See our event page for their video.
- Oct 8 2nd Tuesday Poetry Series, Benbrook Library, 7:00pm. Organized by Tricia Ferguson. Contest winners will be announced and winning entries will be read aloud.
- Oct 11-13 NSS SE Regional Workshop (SERW), Cocoa Beach, FL., Schedule is Fri, Oct. 11: Banquet with Missile, Space, and Range Pioneers (MSRP) , Sat, Oct. 12: NSS SE Workshop: NSS-specific discussion in the morning; NewSpace/NASA partnership talks in the afternoon; contacting potential evening speakers, Sun, Oct. 13: SpaceUp Orlando, Laura Seward, President, Florida Space Development Council, and Yohon Lo, HAL-5 President, are the primary contacts. Ken Ruffin attending
- Oct 12 Art Goggle/Magnolia St. Fair, Fort Worth, TX. Tricia Ferguson attending
- Oct. 26, 2:00 – 10:00 p.m Astronomy Day Ken Murphy & NSSNT & others will have tables and presentations at the UTA Planetarium from 2pm – 10pm
- Nov 5, 7:00pm NASA Astronaut Captain Scott will speak and sign books at the Zula B. Wylie Library, 225 Cedar Street, Cedar Hill, Texas 75104. Winston E. Scott is a retired U.S. Navy Captain and aviator. Captain Scott served as a NASA mission specialist with over 24 days in space. Captain Scott is also the author of a critically acclaimed book, Reflections from Earth Orbit, published in 2005. Books will be available to purchase and have autographed by Captain Scott.
- Nov 9 Sci-Tech Discovery Center NSSNT will have tables and presentations, great family fun. Times TBA
- Nov 10 NSSNT Monthly Meeting, Spring Creek BBQ, Irving, TX. 3:30 meet & greet, 4:00 presentation, 5:00 board meeting
- Nov 30 Sci-Tech Discovery Center NSSNT will have tables and presentations, great family fun. Times TBA
- Dec 8 NSSNT Monthly Meeting & Christmas Party Each year, NSSNT has a wonderful gathering at a member’s home to celebrate the holidays and gather the Santa Toy Drive filled with space-themed books and toys. The December meeting is private.
- Dec 21 Google Lunar Day, Noble Planetarium, Ken Murphy gave 3 presentations
- Dec 28 10a-5p Sci-Tech Discovery Center, Frisco, TX Mind Stretching Fun with NSSNT display tables and presentations
- Dec 21, Worlds Without End @ UTA 7pm. See 2012 President Ken Ruffin’s article “National Space Science of North Texas (NSSNT)” where NSSNT members will post an article monthly on their blog. WWE is edited by Dave Post.
- Dec 9 1p-8p NSSNT Christmas Party & Toy Drive
- Dec 8 10a-6p Sci-Tech Discovery Center, Frisco, TX Attended by Ken Murphy, Curtis Kling, Ron Marshall, Ken Ruffin. Paul Vinson, the new Executive Director, invited us to attend two of their events in December. NSS-NT had two display tables, and presentations
- Nov 15-17 NSS Board Meeting, Houston, TX
- Nov 8-9 SpaceVision 2012 Students for the Exploration & Development of Space (SEDS) Annual Conference, Buffalo, NY. Ken Murphy
- Oct 27, 2012 Astronomy Day at UTA Planetarium with booths, information, fun toys, and a raffle. NSSNT attended from 4:30 – 10:00 p.m. with Ken Murphy, Grace Roeber, Ken Ruffin, and other members manning booths. Presentations by Ken Murphy & Ken Ruffin. UTA student newspaper reporter included NSSNT in an article.
- Sept. 2012 Space Poetry Contest & Anthology is a collection of winning poems from our Space Poetry Contest. The theme for 2011 was the moon and the theme for 2012 is Mars.
- June 2012 Beer & Bones is a look at MNS’ traveling exhibits, permanent collection, even unique chances to see artifacts not usually available to the public for adults only. June 21, 2012
- Spring 2012 Assisting DeWitt Perry Middle School in Carrollton with their “space week” activities, including construction of a mock-up of a space station module and speakers.
- Jan 2012 Attending the arrival of the Orion Space Test Capsule to Dallas at the American Airlines Center 2012.
- Oct 2011 Intergalactic Nemesis at Bass Performance Hall in Fort Worth Texas
- Sept 2011 FenCon in Dallas
- Aug 2011 International Mars Society Convention, Dallas
- July 2011 Poetry Contest with the winner announced at Fencon
- July 2011 Moon Day at the Frontiers of Flight Museum in Dallas
- June 2011 Dr. Robert Zubrin spoke at UTA Planetarium
- Jan 9, 2010 Noble Planetarium
- Feb 15, 2010 The Maverick Speakers Series at UT Arlington presented Sally Ride on Leadership and America’s Future in Space. An in-depth look at the people, ideas, actions, and solutions that impact the world around us, featuring some of the leading voices of our time.
- 2010 Boy Scouts Merit Badge – Not only helped rewrite the Boy Scouts’ Space Exploration Merit Badge Handbook, but helped design a new Boy Scouts Merit Badge
- Feb 13, 2010 ConDFW. NSSNT presented a panel on “Exploring & Colonizing Mars”
- Feb 27, 2010 Regional Science & Engineering Fair, Dallas, Texas. Members of NSSNT selected experiments in space science out of over 800 entrants. We awarded a $200 scholarship and a 1-year membership in NSS to the best student project related to space exploration, development and settlement. Our winners were Prani Suri of Plano Senior High, Plano ISD; & Sangeetha Mylvaganam of Plano Senior High, Plano ISD. A list of winners can be found here.
- March 5, 2010 Anousheh Ansari spoke and signed her new book My Dream of Stars: From Daughter of Iran to Space Pioneer
- March 14, 2010 NSSNT member Tom Zavist presents “The Electric Universe”
- April 11, 2010 NSSNT celebrates Yuri’s Night with a documentary on Yuri Gagarin at their regular montly meeting with SpaceX swag bags.
- April 22, 2010 Green Dallas. To celebrate Earth Day in the DFW area, Grace organized a team of chapter members to volunteer at a local school for a Spring clean-up
- May 9, 2010 Warren Cozby, Jr. presents “The Nuts and Bolts of Space Colonization”
- May 22, 2010 Spring Astronomy Day at the UTA Planetarium
- June 18-19, 2010 Ambassador Max Corneau discussed ‘Astronomy, the Universe, and You‘ at the Rockwall Public Library
- July 18, 2010 Moon Day at the Frontiers of Flight Museum
- Aug 14, 2010 Ken Murphy presented the Moon and Cislunar Space
- Sept 18, 2010 FenCon. NSSNT celebrated Nat’l Observe the Moon Night at their FenCon room party with movies, infromation, and a telecscope on the roof
- Sept 30-Oct 2 The Dallas Symphony, The Planets at the Myerson. NSSNT manned an information table each night.
- Oct 10 President Ken Murphy delved into the Lunar Library for many examples of comic books, graphic novels, bandes dessinées, manga, and more. We talked about how space is represented, and how that reflects cultural views of the different times regarding space and space travel.
- May 2007 Hosted the ISDC at the Hotel Intercontinental in Addison.